CONTRIBUTE TO THE FOLK SCHOOL
The Folk School focuses on providing a supportive environment, a place where anyone can come to learn skills that instill in our community a sense of pride and dignity in our local culture. The classes we offer help preserve the folk skills and heritage crafts of Cortez Fishing Village, and early communities throughout Florida, that are at risk of being lost.
Through donations like yours we are able to keep costs low for students, purchase better supplies for routinely taught classes, offer more intensive training in subjects that require many materials, as well as ensure ongoing events and programming.
There are many different ways to contribute:
1. Make a contribution during your next visit.
2. Call 941-708-6120 to make a donation over the phone. A staff member will be happy to assist you.
3. Mail a check made out to Friends of the Florida Maritime Museum to P.O. Box 100, Cortez, FL 34215.
4. Click on the "Donate"* button here or at the bottom of any page and complete your donation through PayPal. A gift of any amount is greatly appreciated.
To apply your donation to one of our wishlist items please specify one of the items below in the note section during checkout:
If 15 Fillet knives - $375
30 sets of net mending needles and nets: $450
30 crochet kits- $400
30 spools of yarn - $150
10 Burlap table clothes - $250
10 Patio lights - $200
5. If you’re doing some shopping on Amazon, you can also use AmazonSmile. CLICK HERE and make sure you see “Supporting: Friends Of The Florida Maritime Museum Inc” at the top of the page to donate a percentage of your purchase price to the museum at no extra cost to you.